Custom Search

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The fragments of my day, connected by commas and semicolons

*Today I: counseled a friend on my living room couch, went to the ciber café, researched the “Constitución de Cádiz” in fit of mania and nerdiness until 1am, sent birthday wishes to a friend; slept, woke up early (too early), continued sleeping; woke and got up, retrieved dog from walker and thought for a second that both are adorable; *café con leche y pan*… just like every morning; called Florencia to tell her she´s a goddess; another day without my laptop, another second-long, grade-five panic attack; studied, pondered the significance of my name, dressed for gym; lifted . weights, laughed at my orange gym pants; listed to radio, showered, dressed; fixed lunch of fish and potatoes (but not fish and chips); collected coins for thus bus, rode to town; listened to private Tom Petty concert: “She was (I am) an American girl”; resisted urge to sing (typical), tapped feet instead; bought barrettes and headband on street, saw a shirt that read “angle” instead of “angel”; went to favorite ciber and laughed with employees, printed a bunch of articles but forgot them there, resisted urge to blush when I returned; *BLUSHED*; read articles at library for a class I refuse to get credit for, took a 5 (er… 45) minute break with Dave Brubeck; drank coffee while staring at mate machine, read about the philosophical dimensions of suffering; *phantom phone ringing*; read revolutionary pamphlet while waiting for class, left early; kissed a friend on the cheek and gave her three sips of red wine because she was nervous about a boy and poetry; laughed with abandon at bad rhymes, landed job as a graphic designer for a literary magazine called: Paréntesis (______); met up with a friend for beer in the barrio, sang tango, held my breath, and said Good Night to September.

*By "today," I mean yesterday.

No comments:

 
click here for a free hit counter
Get a free hit counter!