Custom Search

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I hear America singing, the varied carols I hear: yes we can, yes we did, yes we will.

Standing on the shores of the Río de la Plata
I hear America singing.

I hear America singing from the edge of Grant Park to the hollers of Appalachia, from the low country delta to the peak of Katahdin.

I hear America singing the old hymns of democracy to updated melodies, renewing faith in the poetry of today, the possibility of tomorrow.

I hear America singing and the grassroots rustling under winds of change.

I hear America singing in the voice of the voiceless and tears of joy captured in song.

I hear America singing.

I hear America.

1 comment:

Hannah Stephenson said...

Hurray indeed! What a celebration-worthy event!!!!

 
click here for a free hit counter
Get a free hit counter!