Custom Search

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Being Rebbecca Pittenger (in Uruguay) // Siendo Rebeca Pittenger

It's Tuesday in Uruguay.
We call it "martes" here.

(7:50 and I'm still in bed. I have Portuguese class at 9:00a.m. // Las ocho menos dias y sigo tirada en la cama)

(See, mom, I do make my bed. // Mens sana en "cuarto limpio".)

(It may be instant, but it's still cafe. // Por lo menos no es agua sucia)

(Waiting for the bus. I take the 62 to the university. // Esperando... filosofeando en la parada de omnibus)

(This is my ticket to ride // Omnibus 62. Destino: Plaza Independencia)

(The Humanities Department: This is where it all happens. // La Facu)

(Cyber Azul = cheap connection to the Internet // Una pausa para ponerme al dia)

(First, I have to open the door // Abriendo puertas... del ciber y de la conciencia)

(Back to Pocitos // Lo que el omnibus se llevo)

(Home sweet home // La puerta principal)

(Maria and I set the table for today's lunch (we had fish and a salad) // Maria, preparando el almuerzo)

(Quality time with Oscar // Perro que ladra a veces muerde)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great photo essay. I am reminded that the spectacular often occurs in the comings and goings of our daily lives. What we find common place is, of course, a great reward.

Anonymous said...

Retired now - thus time to read of your experiences on a Thursday at 9:30 a.m. Great pleasure to learn about your day as well as your thoughts about the current and past events in the life of Uruguay.

Mr. Jack

Anonymous said...

This is great!!!! Más fotos por favor. Me encanta tu blog y que tal lo de Argentina y el humo....¡¡¡madre de dios!!! Tu blog sobre la Ciudad Vieja me conmovió mucho. ¡¡¡Sigue escribiendo!!!

rm.pittenger said...

Thank you to everyone for your kind words! I´ll try not to get too caught up in daily life and dedicate more time to my blog. :) Thanks for keeping up with me!

Rubén Javier Nazario said...

love the pics! I still read you, I haven't forgotten you! :-)

Anonymous said...

Good thing you are not a vegetarian. I'd love all the meat. We've attended Brazilian graduate students' parties and have had great barbecues.
Love the photos to actually picture through your eyes (except for the toes) of where you are. Hate to tell you this, but the wedding in Brazil is postponed for a year. I talked with your mom yesterday to check just where she was living so now I know the plans. Love you,'
Miss Bev

 
click here for a free hit counter
Get a free hit counter!