Custom Search

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Otros Aires

HELLO,
Buenos Aires!

(Argentina: Where the currency is candy).
There is a shortage of coins circulating in the Argentinean economy. For this reason, shopowners and other merchants are likely to give you a piece of hard candy as a substitute for hard currency. It's the only place in the world, that I know of, where you can really put your money where your mouth is.
(The heart of Buenos Aires).

Its obelisk is the symbolic center and most iconic image of Buenos Aires.


(The Recoletas Cemetery).
The Recoletas Cemetery, which occupies an entire city block, is a city within a city.


(The tomb of Evita Peron).

Thousands of flowers and nearly a dozen onlookers confirm that Evita, as much in life and in death, is this area of the world's Lady Di.


(Galerias Pacifico: The most beautiful shopping mall I have ever seen.)

I study shopping malls.

(Those are all hand-painted murals).
I love my job.

(Buenos Aires wakes up at 1am)

(We are enthusiastic about the nightlife).

My travel buddy Anthony and I still have lots of energy for 4am.

(Buenos Aires' hypermodern port district).
Chao, Buenos Aires.
We'll be back soon!

No comments:

 
click here for a free hit counter
Get a free hit counter!