Custom Search

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Chronicles from the City: Pocitos

In an attempt to show you what life is like here in Montevideo, I will be featuring the city´s many neighborhoods in a section called "Chronicles from the City." I have already posted photos of the neighborhood where I live, Pocitos, a neighborhood of avid joggers, artists, small business owners, health food enthusiasts, and, in my case, the occasional American. Although just a short bus ride from downtown Montevideo, Pocitos, with its tree-lined streets and family-owned shops, is more like a small town than a bustling metropolis. In the weeks and months to come, I´ll continue to chronicle the city as I see it so that you may begin to form your own impression.

No comments:

 
click here for a free hit counter
Get a free hit counter!